Energy & Energy Supply
Challenges and requirements
The energy and energy supply sector in Denmark, Europe and globally faces two primary challenges – energy security and the reduction of carbon emissions. The future-proofing of the supply of energy by way of more environmentally neutral energy resources is necessary, not only from an environmental perspective, but also due to security policy considerations. This field is complex, which necessitates a thorough knowledge of the legal and commercial challenges facing the sector.
How we can help
We have a high degree of specialisation in the many legal disciplines which are of relevance to this sector. In particular, we have substantial experience in establishing renewable energy plants and on/offshore windmill parks, as well with respect to the water and waste water sector. Moreover, we have specific experience with venture capital investments in start-up and growth companies within the Cleantech industry, as well as environmental and climate related issues. We are, in addition, particularly focused on, and have experience in, energy transactions.
Our client portfolio includes, among others, large Danish and foreign energy actors, both public and private, climate funds, Cleantech companies, offshore and onshore oil and gas companies as well as utility companies.
Our advice encompasses, among others
• Electricity, heat, natural gas and water supply
• Renewable energy
• Exploration and extraction of oil and gas
• Establishment of collective heat supply installations
• Conversion of local authority supply entities to corporate form
• Climate, e.g. CO2 quotas, credits, storage
• Cleantech issues
• Transfer of energy companies
• Intellectual property law
• Competition law matters
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• Private equity and venture capital investments
• Environmental, energy and climate related taxes and duties