Agriculture and Food
Our expertise includes:
- Labelling and marketing, including green marketing
- Protection of intellectual property rights
- Regulatory matters
- Risk management and compliance programmes
- Interpretation of EU regulations and contact with the European Commission
- Product recall and product liability
- Transport liability
- Contact with public authorities, for instance in connection with food control
- Drafting of contracts, including development and supplier contracts
- Conditions of sale and delivery.
How can we help?
We render advice to large and small businesses in the food and agricultural sector, such as cooperative societies, advisory centres, manufacturers and wholesale and retail businesses.
Our agricultural and food team specialises in all sector-related issues throughout the entire value chain from food raw materials to food processing to labelling, marketing and protection of intellectual property rights.
We have specialist knowledge of the EU regulations and directives governing the sector and may assist in interpreting and complying with EU subsidy schemes.
The agricultural sector is currently undergoing wide-ranging development. The liberalisation of the Danish Act on Agriculture in 2010 presents interested parties with a number of new opportunities to own and run an agricultural business; and is an invitation to a consolidation of the sector as well as an optimisation of its accomplishments.
Moreover, the sector is highly regulated on both a national level and on EU level. As a result, ongoing focus is required in order to stay up to date with the rules governing, for example, food safety, fodder, food additives, genetically modified foods and functional foods, as well as labelling and marketing.