Our areas of expertise include:
- Intermediary structures and contracts, including pooled plans and collective insurance
- Statutory requirements for insurance mediation
- Transfer of insurance portfolios subject to applicable contract
- Cross-border activities, including activities originating from the EEA and third countries subject to applicable regulation and insurance distribution rules
- Data protection law governing the use of personal data in the business relationship between the insurance company and the intermediary.
How we may help
We have extensive experience in drawing up and negotiate insurance mediation contracts, with Danish as well as international insurance providers and intermediaries.
We assist insurance providers and intermediaries in relation to contract negotiations, and our skills and expertise encompass every stage of the process from the preliminary discussions through the contract negotiation and signing to termination of the contract.
A mediation agreement is comprised of several parameters, and it is vital to constantly keep in mind which parts of the collaboration generate most value and make sure that they are protected in the drafting of the documents.
Public-law regulation entails an increased need for accuracy during the drafting stage to ensure compliance, and it is particularly relevant in relation to discussions regarding any future transfer of the portfolio.