Economic aspects of competition law
Our areas of expertise include:
- Financial aspects of dominant undertakings' pricing
- Calculations in relation to dominant undertakings' discount systems
- Assessment of dominant undertakings' competition law expenses
- Advice on financial aspects relating to compliance programmes for dominant undertakings
- Financial analysis on merger evaluation
- Circumstances relating to statements of loss as a consequence of violations of competition law
- Financial impact assessment
- Financial circumstances relating to market delimitations
- Presentation of calculations to competition authorities and courts
How may we help?
Over the past ten years competition law in Denmark as well as in the EU has trended towards a more financially based assessment, including financial assessment of how any given behaviour or agreement impacts market competition and structure. This applies in particular to the assessment of dominant undertakings' pricing and discount systems, which to an increasing extent are based on the calculation of particular competition law expenses, as well as in relation to merger evaluation.
We have many years’ experience in the assessment of the competition law expenses incurred by dominant companies. This allows our financial and legal experts to prepare a holistic compliance strategy for dominant undertakings, based on a financially correct statement of competition law expenses and in compliance with applicable law. Another field of expertise is to assist competitors of dominant undertakings in assessing whether a dominant undertakings' pricing and actions are in compliance with competition law or whether it abuses its dominant position.
We are also experts in evaluating mergers, i.e. whether a merger is expected to lead to market price increases.
In all the above-mentioned areas, we are skilled in presenting our calculations and analyses to authorities as well as courts.