Greenlandic-Danish Legal Matters
Our expertise includes:
• Setting up a business, acquisitions and cooperation agreements in Greenland
• General company law aspects, law of the sale of goods, contract law and licence agreements
• Work permits and employment law, including the Large Scale Project Act (storskalaloven)
• Project-oriented management of large tasks
• Construction law as well as the purchase and sale of Greenlandic real estate
• Court and arbitration proceedings
• Tax matters, energy duties and royalties
• Energy, environmental and mining law.
How we can help?
Bech-Bruun has longstanding experience with Greenlandic law. Our Greenlandic Desk is comprised of highly specialised lawyers with in-depth knowledge of Greenlandic legislation, business culture and investments in Greenland.
We render advice to a number of international companies with commercial interests in Greenland and our clients include both Asian, Australian and North American investors.
Over the years, we have also advised Greenland’s leading companies on company law matters and have assisted the Greenland Home Rule Government. Our services have included advice on a commercial infrastructure in Greenland, corporate structures and the establishment of airports and a water power plant.
Investors from all over the world are becoming aware of Greenland’s large untapped potential. A particular area of interest is raw materials, but the tourism and food industries are also experiencing growth. Greenland’s mining, oil and gas industries are evolving rapidly – and so are the business opportunities in these sectors.
As a result, potential investors increasingly need sparring and expert advice on the regulatory framework and aspects of national law applicable to the extraction of resources and raw materials in Greenland.