Our expertise includes:
- M&A transactions, including buyer's and seller's due diligence
- Contract documents, including share purchase agreements and transfers of portfolios in the form of asset deals
- Registration of changes in and application for authorisation to purchase qualifying ownership shares
- Application for authorisation to merge insurance companies and transfer insurance portfolios
- Registration of new executive officers and board members.
How can we help?
We are highly experienced in rendering advice to Danish and non-Danish insurance companies on the acquisition, sale and merger of insurance companies and pension funds and on the transfer of insurance portfolios. We are particularly experienced in cross-border transactions within the insurance industry.
Our expertise includes all fields of structural adjustments of insurance companies and groups. We have in-depth knowledge of the interaction between company law and regulatory requirements and have good business relations with the FSA and the Danish Business Authority, ensuring efficient case handling.
The acquisition, sale and merger of insurance companies and the transfer of insurance portfolios are subject to special authorisation by the Danish FSA pursuant to the Danish Financial Business Act. Cross-border transfers also involve the financial supervisory authorities of other EU/EEA countries.
Certain structural adjustments are also subject to notification to the authorities. For example, changes in the qualifying ownership shares and indirect ownership shares must be notified and, in certain circumstances, be authorised by the FSA, just as any registration of new executive officers and board members must comply with the FSA's fit & proper requirements of suitability and integrity.